Wednesday 6 June 2012

HATTERS TEA PARTY - POSTPONED

Hello fellow woodland folk,

It is with such sad, frustrating and annoying news that I tell you I have decided to POSTPONE the Mad Hatters Party in the woods on Friday ;(

It is with a very heavy heart and a day of deliberating.

I still maintain that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. If it was just the rain we would still be going ahead.

However, it is the wind that is my concern. The woods are amazing places, but it never ceases to amaze me that the smallest of branches when falling from a great height can do some serious damage to a person. The Met Office have put out a weather warning for strong winds on amber alert tomorrow afternoon and easing slightly for Friday with little rain. When trees are in full leaf and there is the combination of strong winds and heavy rain it all makes them heavier and more likely to fall.

It would be foolish to host the the Hatters Tea Party when the Met Office have released these weather warnings. It will be sods law that Friday will be fine, but I have had to make a decision today. As it is not just the actual Tea Party I have had to consider, it is all the preparation time that we would have needed tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning to “dress” the woods and my priority at all times is people’s safety.

There WILL be a Mad Hatters Tea Party in the woods, so not all is lost, please hang onto all your costumes and gatherings. I will arrange another date soon and post it on the Blog, Facebook and email you all. I really hope to be able to do it again soon….will look at dates for July / August time in hope that we will have some seasonal weather!

Huge huge apologies to everyone of you, but hopefully you will understand my concerns and reasoning.

A sad Louise ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment